Autumn Open Evening Review 2018
“A thoroughly enjoyable evening, with a very informative and engaging speaker followed by a drinks buffet at which we met some old friends and made new acquaintances. A very well organised and convivial evening.”
– David Garcia
Doug Cooke opened the AOE by welcoming CSSA Members, selected industry guests and members of the press. In reviewing the key events since our last AOE he thanked our key sponsors:
• CHSA for the CSSA Innovation Showcase;
• Bunzl -Annual Cleaning Industry Luncheon at the Savoy;
• ICE for the upcoming CSSA Awards Scheme.
Concluding with a special thanks to Taylor Wessing and in particular their Building Services Manager, Steve Marchant and his support staff for facilitating this event for the 3rd year running.
Doug then announced the keynote speaker Sean Nesbitt, Head of Employment Practice at Taylor Wessing.
Sean’s superb presentation covered the following topics relevant to the cleaning industry:
• Worker Status and Joint Employment including practical considerations;
• Recent Union Issues;
• National Minimum Wage Enforcement;
• Data Breaches;
• #MeToo and NDAs;
• What does Brexit mean to migrant workers
Closing with a very lively Q&A Session.
Doug before inviting all attendees to join him for canapes & refreshments in TW’s splendid Cloud 9 facilities with open views of London at night thanked Karcher for their very successful Thank Your Cleaner Day.